

"Perhaps it's true that things can change in a day. That a few dozen hours can affect the outcome of whole lifetimes. And that when they do, those few dozen hours, like the salvaged remains of a burned house - the charred clock, the singed photograph, the scorched furniture - must be resurrected from the ruins and examined. Preserved. Accounted for.
... It really began in the days when the Love Laws were made. The laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much."
I loved reading the God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy), it was so poignant and thoughtful. Her prose was very feminine and South Asian style, with lush descriptions and an almost careless way of writing, but a plot that rapidly unraveled and intrigued. Yummy! Although the Indian culture bits fazed me a little and I am a bit tired of all the forbidden-love themes in books.
Week past was spent in complete laziness, feels so sad that in one more week's time it will be back to the mundane rush and hum of morning trains; photocopying-writing-typing-making coffee. I finally watched Harold&Kumar go to White Castle and it was so damn funny, in that loser way that only stoner comedies can be. It probably ranks with Death at a Funeral as one of my favourite comedies as yet! Yesterday we also received our two new sofas, intense fiery red, like two huge rectangular angbaos looking slightly too modern for the living room.

1 comment:
Mins,I'm heading off to redang tonight!
see ya soon!
Post a Comment