Sunday, July 27, 2008

Late night bus-ride home, past dark trees swaying with white and red christmas lights. For a moment the bus paused and I looked up: in the darkness the tree silhouettes disappeared and a thousand stars drizzled from the sky. Yet another film-worthy moment missed, added to small daily ones like my first bite into Kinder Bueno this week, oozing with hazelnut cream!

I am so nervous and jumpity over my piano exam it is not even funny, I can't remember the last time I felt this awful. Perhaps as my teacher pointed out, it is an excess of guilt over lack of practicing for the past... year? and frantically trying to make up for lost time. Today was my one and only day break; tomorrow it will be back to scales, arpeggios, pieces... playing until my fingers hurt. Excessiveness makes one go slightly crazy, it is a sure sign when I start hearing metronome pulses at odd hours of the night like now.

Oh and something really random today, I walked past an ang-moh and suddenly felt compelled to look at Singapore from another perspective. Like the streets down Dhoby Ghaut and the old buildings and that strange crowd of people, how they would seem to me if I were a foreigner? it felt very odd indeed.

No comments: