Too many things, so lazy to put down into writing; but I have this compulsion to record it down before it all slips away into some deep recesses of my mind!
Internship has finally started! I always start off dreading these things, I hate change, I know it is good for me but I just hate it. First two days left me feeling upset and incredibly lonely even though I have Huiru there with me, it felt strange and unfamiliar around the other interns. Gradually, the mood lightened and talk became more jovial within the conference room; my work also became more interesting and it is good to actually try out audit planning process from scratch. Friday was absolutely tiring with fieldwork in a client's office, but gosh! the pantry! a heaven of chocolates, cookies, snacks, gums, wine, teas and coffees. It is also so coincidental having mutual friends all over the place.
We celebrated dinner for Shuxx's birthday on Wednesday! - a simple affair of Japanese food and cake at Azabu Sabo. Thursday was an impromptu publicity meeting; it was weird but quite nice sitting at Subway till late, complaining about banner sizes and photoshop, attempting to design and racking our brains on the spot.
And today was FUN: Meizi and I trudged down to town to buy flowers for Shimin's surprise. 5 gorgeous orange daisies, self-wrapped in red tissue paper and silver ribbon since we were too cheap to get a bouquet from a florist. We had no materials so we borrowed scissors from stores! and used leftover tape. Then we hid the flowers with the waiter. A lot of cork-ups ensued; we had to lie to Shimin, calling her separately and pretending we were not together. But it was worth it! Dinner at Sushi Tei was fantastic and it is my new favourite restaurant because of all the good, (relatively) cheap food. Afterwards, all in our pretty dresses, we walked, took photos, and bumped into a huge bunch of well-dressed tai-tais and socialites at the Fullerton, including the very-famous Dr. Georgia Lee.
In between all these days: crazy shopping with cousin at G2000, random conversations such as one about interior design and paint colours with my piano teacher; laughing at my mum playing 'Who has the Biggest Brain?' on Facebook. Bad moments too: crying on the train home, moment of regret, confusion, but also a feeling of liberation for there is only so much one can take before giving up. Whatever happens will happen: I am still unsure, but it doesn't matter anymore
1 comment:
mins,i <3 sushi tei too!!(:(:
Post a Comment