I feel completely knackered: every 5 minutes I keep dozing off and it is only Wednesday, middle of the week. If only there were job applications for mattress-testers! then I would definitely send my resume in, and I'm quite sure I would qualify. There are like a ton of things to do now - tax computations, visa stuff, air tickets and all, but I just end up looking distractedly around, yawning, or reading websites. Ugh.
Monday I finally got to meet Emilyn who came all the way down from Malaysia! On a 14-hour long haul bus ride, no less. It was relaxed and low-key; the three of us chilled in Thai Express, walked around slowly, and watched an impromptu (and not quite to our taste) jazz performance at Esplanade. The best part of all this is how we can meet her only once or twice a year, but conversation comes so easily and naturally like it is only with good friends. Emilyn, if you're reading this, I love you!
Yesterday was lovely too: met Cheryl from Australia, and Peis! Kenneth tagged along and finally bought his Fred Perry shoes; so we ate at Food Republic, shopped abit, and chilled at Starbucks. There was a couple making out in a corner, full kissing and feeling up each other: why can't people be more discreet?! Reminds me of the time my mum said she saw a very very fat pimply guy and a very very skinny fragile-looking girl, locked in passionate embrace on an MRT ride, practically licking each other. Hahaha, she said the girl looked like she was about to get crushed in his massive arms!
Anyway, it was fun just talking and talking about nothing in particular, and I took a long bus-ride home, passing through Holland V and reaching home at midnight. I love night bus-rides like these with music, dimly-lit roads and that quiet solitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment